In August 2007, a number of Landaff residents formed the Friends of Landaff group with the goal of raising money to renovate and rejuvenate the Town Hall/Town Hall kitchen, while retaining the historic charm of the building. This was to be accomplished without the use of valuable taxpayer dollars. All projects have been financed using grant monies, donations, and fund raising dollars (concerts, dances, sale of handmade and purchased items, etc.) Of course, these projects could never have been completed without the countless volunteer hours given by our friends and members. In August 2010, the Friends of Landaff applied for and became a State of New Hampshire Non-Profit Corporation and applied for and received 501C-3 tax exempt status from the IRS.
- Following is a brief description of projects completed to date:
- Restoration of the painted grand drape located on stage
- Purchased and installed custom made backcurtain on stage
- Helped sand and refinish stage floor
- Assisted in painting dining room and hallways
- Purchased and installed new curtains in dining room
- Landaff Ledger newsletter can be emailed or copies are available at the Town Hall. To be placed on the mailing list send us an email (email@example.com). Everyone is invited and encouraged to contribute.
- Kitchen renovations to date include:
- Purchased and installed 48" range hood over the grill with assistance from the Mt. Hope Grange.
- Purchased stainless steel equipment table for the grill.
- Purchased two custom made farm tables.
- Rebuilt cabinets and installed new countertops
- Installed two stainless steel sinks and faucets
- Purchased on demand water heater
- Painted entire kitchen
- Rebuilt Pie Safe
- Purchased two Energy Star rated stainless steel refrigerators
Your tax deductible donations will be greatly appreciated and needed to accomplish this project. The Friends of Landaff always welcome new members. Anyone interested in joining or donating, please contact Judy Boulet at 838-5555 or email her.
Examples of Friends of Landaff wares that are available for purchase:
The coffee mugs cost:
$8.00 for 1
$15.00 for 2
$28.00 for 4
$40 for 6
If you are unable to attend the Old Home Day festivities and would like to purchase a coffee mug or an old barn board sign, please contact any Friends of Landaff member or Jaye at 838-6640 or email Jaye.